POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Multiple maps? : Re: Multiple maps? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multiple maps?
From: Jason Miller
Date: 22 Jul 2000 17:31:27
Message: <397a12af@news.povray.org>
Interpolate blends the colors when the ray does not hit exaclty whre a color
sample is stored in the image, thus it does not look blocky am I right?

I am not looking for blending here, or putting textures are certain parts of
the objects.  I want to be able to map different images to different types
of textuering.

For instance, you know how you can specify a reflection color?  I want to
specify this with an image map.  Just like a mpa you would use for a pigment
except for the fact that it would specify values to use for reflection.

Does htis make sense?

(This is how it works in Imagine.  You can specify an image map (or
procedural) for every single aspect of texturing).

Jason

It does
"Christoph Hormann" <Chr### [at] schunteretctu-bsde> wrote in
message news:397A0D3D.9B6EFB86@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de...

> Jason Miller wrote:
> >
> > Bob,
> >     Thats not exactly what I want to do.  What I have are a set of TGAs.
> > One describes the pigment color, another describes the reflection color,
> > etc.
> >
> > I would like to map each of these tga's to their respective attribute.
As